Number In a Can
Revision as of 21:48, 28 November 2010 by Regan russell
- Error message if loose or missing:
nic_eaddr: Failed to find redable MAC NIC, rc 1
- Onyx2 deskside:
Checking hardware inventory ............... Warning: Inventory table ID value is 0. Check Midplane NIC
- Chip 1: Dallas DS 1982
- It's called the System Identification Module and it's actually a DALLAS DS1982 "iButton" EEPROM which contains the system ID number.
- Chip 2: Atmel 24c04.
- Also known as System Identification Number in techpub guides.
- Can not transfer a NIC from an Octane into a Fuel.
- In SGI Terms a NIC is a 'Number In Can'. Its looks like a battery but it contains the systemid. The Origin2000 have the same and you can see it when you remove the MSC.