BOINC install and configuration
BOINC is an open-source software platform for computing using volunteered resources.
Starting with BOINC and SETI:
1. Download and install the BOINC Client tardist from the Nekoware repository. http://www.mechanics.citg.tudelft.nl/~everdij/nekoware/current/neko_boinc_client-5.4.9.tardist
2. Register with SETI@home to obtain an account key. http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/create_account_form.php
3. Run it with the invocation arguments '-attach_project http://setiathome.berkeley.edu <account key>'
4. - Let it run through the CPU benchmarks, etc and stop it when it quiets down.
5. - Install the SETI tardist from your favorite Nekoware repository.
6. - Blank the 'min_rpc_time' number in the client_state.xml and rerun the client.
Notes and Errata
Make sure you run the client from: /usr/nekoware/boinc
Special thanks to: nvukovlj, Nekonoko, Dr. Dave and others.
The Nekochan SETI@home team can be found here
Pertinent nekochan.net discussion is available here